Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Taking a 'Babymoon'

I'm very excited to share with you that at the end of the week, we are leaving for a one week 'Babymoon' in Bermuda.  We had booked this over a year ago, before we had any hope of conceiving again and it just so happened to work out that I'll be at the start of my 21st week when we are there.  You see, my in-laws had invited us to join them for one week at their time share and we were thrilled to be invited [after hinting for so many years!!].

Hamilton Photos
This photo of Hamilton is courtesy of TripAdvisor

The pregnancy is progressing well and my nausea and vomiting are subsiding, finally!  I'm still taking Diclectin, which is helping A LOT!  Since we had booked this so long ago, I really wasn't getting overly excited, but lately I've been so exhausted and swamped, as I'm also dealing with selling my mom's property and moving her to a new home, so between dealing with utilities and running from lawyer to realtor, dealing with my own medical appointments and starting to get ready for the baby and dealing with 'normal' pregnancy stuff, I just feel overwhelmed and exhausted.  Freddie also has been pulling double duty with full time work and dealing with painting the new house top to bottom and dealing with all sorts of instal stuff.  So this vacation couldn't have come at a better time for both of us as we're tired and feel like we're both burning the candle at both ends.  Whew, we need this time away...and after dealing with all my medical stuff, my disability leave, the loss of Sammy and the lack of a vacation in 2 years, I think it's time that went away and relaxed a little bit...and I can't wait!!

We'll be staying in a 2 bedroom condo with my in-laws, but they have been going there each year for over 50 years, so I doubt that they will be tagging along with us too much.  So I'm packing my cane, my pain meds, my back brace and hoping that the warm weather will ease the pain a little bit and let me enjoy this.

As for 'junior', I'm feeling slight movements, but I really have to take time to pay attention and focus.  There are slight movements and little kicks, but I admit that I deal with constipation and gas bubbles all year round, so I often mistake movements for  my normal digestive system.  If Freddie lays his hand on my tummy, he can sometimes feel little flutters as well.  We're both looking forward to feeling more and more of these as times goes by...and I know my in-laws will also enjoy spending an entire week with us and seeing us daily, especially during the pregnancy [as they do tend to get jealous of the time I spend with my mom].

So forgive me if I'm gone for a week - I'll be thinking of you all and praying for all of you and your specific situations.  I may not comment on all your posts, but I do think of you all often.
See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. Haven't been on in a while, so I was excited to check up and read everything is going well! Junior is already beautiful! Enjoy your babymoon and look forward to seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder information provide it. I love better time for give source idea. I do forward to another user.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! You deserve it!

    ((hugz))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never know about this topic. It’s really interesting to read.. I like this blog to know about new things. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete