Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I asked for these...

I rarely ask for anything for my birthday.  I'm frugal that way.  Thank God that I have simple wants and am finally at a point where I can satisfy them, but I usually make sure that it's something that I REALLY want.  So it's rare that I ask, but today I did, for these:

From: Amazon.com

From: Amazon.com



Let me backtrack to Sunday night.  It was a rough day all around as it was the one year anniversary of my sweet kitty's death.  If you are a pet owner, you know how much we love our friends and how much we miss them.  Our girl died essentially of breast cancer - who knew cats could get it too?  She lived with diabetes for years and we diligently gave her the required insulin injections and during a checkup, the vet noticed several tumors on her mammary chain...sadly, there wasn't much we could do but love her for the next 5 months.  We could have tried surgery or radiation, but beyond the expense, we were more concerned with how much pain and suffering our kitty would endure, when sadly, the cancer would likely return.  So her poor little lungs were filling up with fluid and she had trouble breathing and we had to put her to sleep.  We stayed with her the entire time to make sure she wan't alone.  It was such a horribly sad day.  We took her home and buried our girl at my house under a Japanese Maple.  I love the shot of her above, she looks so relaxed - and our old couches, who didn't have a set of those?


So, returning to Sunday, I was dealing with the anniversary of our kitty, which was only 10 days after our Angel's EDD.  I participated in my online Bible Study, which makes me very emotional.  It seems that during the week I seem fine, but when it comes to these meetings I tend to listen more because when I start to speak, the tears come and voice quivers.  So while crying, I checked out Mary's blog and started reading about Angie and Todd Smith.  It was such a moving story of baby loss that I went to YouTube and watched 5 more videos about them.  I was in hysterical tears all night - it's been a while since I'd cried that much!  So I decided that I did want to get the book that Angie wrote.  If you hadn't heard this story, here is one link, but you can follow more on:







Over the last few weeks, I've also soon a lot of people talking about another book, and I asked for it as well.  I'm hoping that these two books will bring me some comfort.





5 comments:

  1. I really hope you get them for your birthday and that they both bring you much comfort.

    I'm so so very sorry about your kitty. She looks so beautiful!

    I just glimpsed at the Anchored by Hope Bible Study and it sounds very interesting. I think I might read up on it a bit more and maybe sign up for their next session.

    (((hugs)))

    <3Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope those are in the most beautifully wrapped presents on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michele and Mary - I'm pretty sure Frankie will come through with these. You know how it goes, I sent him a link and pointed out the free shipping- can't get much simpler than that, right?

    Yes, our kitty was a sweet girl. I always seem to end up with strays. We actually found that kitty on a cold November day eating trash outside a university pub. Her paws and whiskers were burned - she must have burned them while sitting on a car engine to warm up. She lived with me for 13 years - a long time and hard to part with.

    So far the Bible Study has done 3 sessions and I've attended 2 - it definitely make you think and review some of the old texts with "new eyes".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Angie's book and it is very good. I'm getting ready to read Heaven Is For Real. The video about the book made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly - I keep hearing that they are both great books. I hope to read them soon!!

    ReplyDelete