Tuesday, June 7, 2011

News, news and news...not THAT type of news :-)

Hello my dear friends,
I'm so sorry to have fallen behind in posting...again.  I seem to have trouble finding the time to sit and write when the weather is good and I'm trying to enjoy the garden a little and somehow lately things have gotten pretty busy and I can barely get the rest that I so desperately need.


I know, I know...Jo-get to the point of the news!  Well, our first Clomid cycle was unsuccessful, but in all fairness, right at ovulation, Freddie had a cold and was feeling pretty crappy.  He was a very obliging husband, but I kept teasing him that our child would be a sniffling weeny.  I didn't need to worry, as our first cycle was a bust.  As I mentioned before, we were offered free monitoring by our new fertility clinic, so we decided to take them up on it.


This month, I went in to have blood drawn on day 4 of my cycle.  I have to confess that since the miscarriage, I'm not sure if it's because I get my blood drawn so often, but it seems that my veins have collapsed.  Whenever I had blood taken, the nurse could easily find a vein or two on either arm and it didn't hurt.  Now, I've had several times when they 'dig' around in there trying to grab a vein or can only find one vein in one arm - same vein and arm each time.  And it really HURTS now...but I digress...so I went back on Day 11 for bloodwork and an ultrasound.  I was shown around the rest of the treatment rooms at the clinic and it was really nice, clean and had a spa-feel to it.  The ultrasound room was a deep burgundy and the lights were dimmed low.  The tech was a female who readily showed me my follicles on a large scale TV hanging on the wall.  The good news is that I had one follicle that measured 26mm in my left ovary, along with a few more around the 8mm mark.  My right ovary had 3 size 10mm follicles.  So I went home and didn't think much more of it.  On Day 12 I wend in for my bloodwork and was told that I was going to ovulate early as they look for follicles that are 20mm or larger and I was already at 26mm.  In order to ensure that the follicle was released I got an injection of Ovidrel [r-hCG] and had bloowork done.  I was also given progesterone suppositories in case we were successful in getting pregnant, in light of the loss of our first angel.  I had read that some of you have had to argue or fight to get this med and I was relieved that it was readily made available to me.  That night, we had a message that I didn't need the Ovidrel as I had already ovulated, but I had gotten the injection already.


So since all systems were a go, the weekend was pretty busy.  I'm hoping that perhaps we'll get lucky this time...maybe...finally!  I am starting to get a swollen abdomen, but the same thing happened last month from the Clomid.  My breasts are tender, but again, I had that last month.  I've had a feeling and a dream of a baby or two...so I'm trying to keep my spirits up and be optimistic, although I freely admit that I'm a glass half-empty and Freddie is the glass half-full guy.


On a side note, does anyone watch the Little Couple?  In case you don't, the protagonists, are trying to have a baby via gestational surrogate.  First, they are trying to produce an egg or two to be fertilized, so that the baby would be genetically related to both of them. Anyway, Jennifer had some trouble ovulating and producing eggs.  I guess they finally saw two large follicles on the screen and so they went to the clinic for the extraction.  At the clinic, they only saw one follicle but decided to go ahead anyway - they got into the treatment room within 20 minutes...and the follicle was gone.  I bawled like a baby...I knew what this meant to Jennifer and every other woman dealing with fertility problems.


Anyway, here's to hoping for good news!







4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for good news for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that those dreams are good signs! They always have been for me.
    Keep optimistic and I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that you get very very good news soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brit - thanks so much. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping! I read all your posts as well. Good luck girl!!

    Hi CCC-optimism is a little hard for me. Freddie is the optimistic one. I just keep saying that he doesn't have his body pumped full of hormones, injections, blood work, etc. I am optimistic at the start of each cycle and when AF arrives I crash so low that I can't believe it myself. But I am hoping once again...and praying, lots of praying!

    Hi Mary - thanks for the prayers. I really, really need and appreciate it them. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete