
The long and short of it is that there are significant problems, but due to the multiple discs involved, Dr. N. didn't feel that this would be an easy surgery. Dr. N. also indicated that in a recent research study it was noted that 4 years post surgery, there was no difference in satisfaction or pain level between those that had surgery and those that didn't. Dr. N. felt that in my case, we'd need to repeat the surgery in 4 years if we chose to do it now.
So I'm happy that I don't have to endure the pain of surgery or risk making my problems even worse, but at the same time I'm also sad as I had hoped that perhaps there was a way to end this constant pain. My emotions are mixed right now and it will take a bit of time for me to totally absorb this news.
I'm so sorry you didn't get an answer about how to stop your pain, but I am glad you don't have to have surgery! Hopefully they can find another solution to help you manage. ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in prayer...
ReplyDeleteI hate this for you...that there is no answer YET to fix this pain for you. I'm glad you aren't having surgery but I certainly wish they could figure something out. I can't even imagine dealing with constant pain. Seriously, you are an amazing woman to deal with it...I realize you have no choice in the matter, but to deal with it the way you do is inspiring! Keep your head up! I'm still praying you get your miracles (in both the baby and pain department)!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much ladies...I love your comments and prayers. THANK YOU!
ReplyDelete