Thursday, February 17, 2011

Still confused, but hoping!

So I know I posted this image earlier in the year - actually, last month. Nothing has changed so far, except maybe more stress.  I got a little excited this morning when my temp went up a little bit, that maybe, just maybe, I'm finally ovulating!  I did have acupuncture yesterday and they always do some fertility points in my ankles, and yesterday we also did some conception points on my abdomen.  I pray daily to God, Mary, JPII, to St. Jude, St. Gerard.  I keep asking for a pregnancy, but so far all I've got is this:   NOTE that today is day 42!!!





Above, is the chart from FertilityFriend, which automatically put in the dashed crosshairs for me.  Below it the same chart from Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which shows no crosshairs and no clear ovulation.




This morning, I dreamt that I was pregnant. That I was on a gurney at the hospital and that I was waiting to have our pregnancy confirmed. In the meantime, I took the doppler wand and placed it over my stomach and heard the heartbeat - I then took my pulse and the beats didn't match up, so I knew that I was listening to the baby's heartbeat!  Don't laugh, you know weird things make sense in dreams!

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm not sure if I should go see Dr. F to maybe "regulate" this cycle or just wait it out. I've read that a whacky cycle like this could go as long as 180 days!!!  I don't think I can do that.  I'm thinking a few more days, this is insane!!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! Did you DTD "do the deed" on or around the 7th? If so, this could be your month! Good luck!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure I ovulated. Thanks for the encouragement, I desperately need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. prayers to St Gerard on your behalf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That temp spike does look promising! Keeping everything crossed for you that you did finally ovulate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, not so sure anymore. Todays temp was 97.9, so that is lower than I had hoped :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was glancing through your site, but couldn't find a post as to what your journey has been with TTC? Just wondering as I had trouble too - irregular cycles, infrequent periods, trouble temperature tracking as the cycle went on and on ... is too long a post for comment section, but could send you an email re: what worked for us if you like. Otherwise - nutshell story - 3 year journey for baby two, diagnosed with PCOS, clomid didn't work, metformin sort of worked to regulate cycle but not support conceiving, clearblue fertility monitor wasn't supposed to work due to PCOS and irregular cycle but I had nothing to lose and was loaned it for free; try number one was a bust, try number two I used clomid on days 3-7 (before I had done 5-9) and waited an extra week before testing as had a feeling - decided to just keep testing until the sticks were used up and on stick number 11, my last stick - voila! Peak fertility and the rest is the 18 month pile of 25lb currently kissing away my face :) Anyway - could give you more details re: all that if you like...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anonymous,
    To be honest, our journey TTC the first time, didn't include anything. We didn't use any drugs, or even OPK's. We just kept trying. As a teenages, I did have irregular cycles and it was such a pain as I never knew when AF would arrive. So in my 20's, I went on the PIll (Alesse) to regulate my cycles and I enjoyed about a decade of regular, clockwork cycles. When we decided to try for a baby, we did the baby dance every 2 days. I had been off the pill for about 6 months prior to starting and then for the entire time thereafter, and to be honest, my cycles were fairly regular, within the 30-32 range. We were tested, I had a hysteropinkogram, ultrasounds and nothing was found.

    Since the miscarriage, this is my 4th cycle, and the other ones again were in the 30-32 range. This is the first cycle that is so out of whack. It is only since the miscarriage that we are tracking BBT, doing OPKs, and everything else.

    I'd love to hear your story and any suggestions on what else we could try. Please feel free to email me at ChronicPain at Live dot ca

    ReplyDelete